Our mine rehabilitation capabilities
A mine closure plan, along with revegetation, topsoil management and other mining rehabilitation services, is crucial to ensuring that mined land is returned to its pre-mining state. ReGen can assist mining companies with this, ensuring compliance with regulatory guidelines and specific sustainability and post-mining land use criteria.
Our extensive range of capabilities includes:
- Providing all components of a mine closure plan, including landform design, progressive mine rehabilitation, waste rock or spoil management and water-management structures, to a standard that meets regulatory requirements, corporate and industry standards, and aligns with environmental and stakeholder aspirations and values.
- Bulk earthworks, including landform profiling, tailings storage facility decommissioning and closure, leveraging Downer Mining’s cost-effective earthmoving capability and track record.
- Civil capacity, including topsoil handling and placement, ripping, final grade profiling, water-management structure construction and erosion mitigation structures, such as rock armouring.
- Revegetation of native ecosystems or other agreed post-mining land use using seeds or seedlings, including soil preparation and amelioration requirements, such as fertilizers.
- Post-closure management and maintenance, such as weed control, erosion repairs and landform / ecosystem monitoring, to meet post-mining criteria and stability.
Contact us today
For more information about our capabilities, click the appropriate service to the right or visit our Contact page to talk to one of our representatives.